Wednesday, September 20, 2006

Regent Re-loaded

"How many courses are you taking?"
- Oh. Just 5, not counting the Audio.

"How many of those are you auditing?"
- None. I am doing all for credit.

"You're what! How could you do that?"
- I don't know. Pray for me.

That ended that conversation.

When I am busy, it is easy to simply breeze through people and rush from one reading to the next. Of all my classes, the most challenging this term is Systematic Theology C, where each week I have to read and summarise one primary source document. This week is supposed to be St Basil's treatise on the Holy Spirit. Next week is Calvin's Institutes. The following week is a Dominum et vivificantem....

This is only the second week, and I am feeling sunken already. Pray for me.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, big load my brother! I will be praying for you. I definitely miss it up there, but I suppose I'm not at stressed. Sys C is tough, Boersma loves to pile on the reading!

Conrade Yap, (Dr) said...

Thanks.

What appears more difficult is that the passages he quotes from, makes it so interesting that one reading leads to more readings!

Hope things are well with you down South.

c

Latest Posts

Headlines