Sunday, January 07, 2007

Lunch today

Today we wanted to try something different for lunch after church. So we decided to try the highly recommended DimSum restaurant in Richmond called "Top Gun". It was a 15 min wait for a seat. Many of the customers have bought a $50 membership which entitles them for a discount. We declined that as we do not think we will be frequent patrons. After all, full time students like me do not always eat at restaurants like these. The food is good, but is a little pricy. So we carefully ordered a few dishes so that we can sample them. The kids enjoyed the Beef noodles in special XO sauce. The Siew Mai and Har Kow is excellent. They serve very good chinese tea (not diluted), freshly prepared leaves, which leaves a nice tea aftertaste in the throat. I think their Dim Sum is one of the best we have tried so far.

I still remember those days where fine dining for me is standard fare, having to entertain clients frequently. Those days, I need to watch my tummy. Nowadays, I need to watch my budget.

ks

No comments:

Latest Posts

Headlines