Friday, October 09, 2009

"He Is With You" - Mandisa

Not many of us remember who Mandisa is. Unless I tell you that she was the 9th finalist of the hit show American Idol Season 5 back in 2006. She was taunted by Simon Cowell over her weight with a cynical comment about the organizers having to prepare a bigger stage for people like her. Due to her singing ability, she was flooded with offers to sing pop music. However, she felt her calling was to singing songs that reflect the glory of Christ. In one memorable moment of forgiveness, Mandisa's words to Simon resulted in a rare apology from the Briton.
"You hurt me, and I cried and it was painful, it really was. But I want you to know that I've forgiven you and that you don't need someong to apologize in order to forgive somebody. I figured that if Jesus could die so that all my wrongs could be forgiven, I could certainly extend the same grace to you." (source)
In the video below, Mandisa offers a short explanation behind her song before the full music video was played. She identifies with people who are hurting in their marriages, loss of loved ones, loss of jobs. In the midst of the utter helplessness, she reminds all that God is with you. Powerful message. See it and be touched. You can also check it out on Youtube here (without Mandisa's pre-song comments).





ks

No comments:

Latest Posts

Headlines