Wednesday, May 04, 2011

Regent College Pastors Conference 2011 (Day 1)

I miss Regent College. I miss the academically engaging environment. I miss the people. I miss the library. There are so many things I miss that endears me to try to keep in touch with that beautiful place through other means. I have been a part of the Pastors Conference throughout my student years there. I have hosted, volunteered, served, and learned many things from many different people. This year, the theme is on leadership, one of my favourite topics. Here is my way of keeping in touch, even when I am not physically there. Thanks to Twitter and a Regent student who has kindly summarized his learning on Day 1 here. Below are some of my favourite Twitter quips from yesterday.



****************
Here are the tweets from 4th May 2011. Thanks to all who have shared.
  • "...I needed to be human, to function with integrity, and function in a way that honors God and who he's created me to be." #rcpc2011
  • "So much of my life I lived a leadership role of obsessing over codes of conduct. I began to see that in God's presence," 1/2
  •   "Leadership is all about God, not me. Novel concept."
  • Leaders & Rom 8.23: all creation groans awaiting redemption, and we ourselves. Including Christians. Including leaders. .
  • "ritual is more powerful than teaching" Gordon Smith on sacrament and table
  • "So much of my life I lived a leadership role of obsessing over codes of conduct. I began to see that in God's presence, I needed to be human, to function with integrity, and function in a way that honors God and who he's created me to be."
  • Lots here about focusing more on being & receiving, less on doing & controlling, as key to healthy & holy leadership.

Thanks to all who have twittered. Looking forward to more.

conrade

    No comments:

    Latest Posts

    Headlines