- All four gospel writers recorded Jesus' request to untie and to bring a colt (young donkey) to him.
- All the people were excited about the coming king
- All the people celebrated with raised arms and palm leaves
- It was a joyous occasion and a remarkable flashback to the prophecy in the Old Testament.
- Shouts of 'Hosanna!' rang throughout.
- The people were expected a kingly figure to ride on a majestic horse, but Jesus came on a never been ridden colt;
- The people expected Jesus to be the one to liberate them from Roman bondage. Instead Jesus will soon be arrested and executed under the Roman authorities
- The people thought that this is the beginning of the end of Roman rule. Little did they know that Palm Sunday begins the road to Calvary, to liberate all mankind from the rule of sin.