Tuesday, May 08, 2012

Like Leaves in Spring

Springtime continues to blossom throughout the Western hemisphere. I look at the lush greens and the posh colours of the blooming flowers and I marvel. I marvel at the creativity behind the creation. I marvel at the beauty. I marvel at the simplest things of nature that evokes a sense of awe and profound gratitude. Such a feeling is far better than watching a movie on Youtube or to finger my ways through a computing device linked to a social media platform. It is often nature that accelerates the creation, not the device that stimulates the creative juices. Looking at the flowers with the sky as a backdrop, it helps me to meditate. It is a time of joyful celebration of God's creation. Hear what Solomon has to say.

"Flowers appear on the earth; the season of singing has come, the cooing of doves is heard in our land." (SS 2:12)"

I look at this budding flower. Geez, I am no florist or horticulturist. If you know what flowers they are, send me a note, or use the comment section below this article. [update: These are lilacs! Thanks Debbie.]


Beautiful lilacs with the blue sky background

Life is more than simply solving problems or making money. The trouble with many people is that they have missed out the beauty of the earth in their rush to gather up material wealth. Time admiring God's creation is certainly not wasted but time well spent. We are not created to be machines that work all the time. We are created to be loved by God, and our being loved motivates us to work well.

conrade

No comments:

Latest Posts

Headlines