Wednesday, January 09, 2013

Midweek Meditation - One Thing

The Psalmist says,
"One thing I ask from the Lord, this only do I seek: that I may dwell in the house of the Lord all the days of my life, to gaze on the beauty of the Lord and to seek him in his temple." (Ps 27:4)

As we move into 2013, what is the one thing you like to ask of God? Maybe, you can pray with me the following?

Lord, it is a New Year, a new start, a new opportunity to put the past aside, to consider the future, and to live out the present. Help me to seek You more dearly. Help me to see You more clearly. Help me to share about You more passionately. Show me the one life that You can touch through me. Show me the one thought that You can encourage in me. Show me the one action that You can empower me to do. Show me the one friend that You like me to call this year, this month, this week, or today. Show me the one part of Scripture that You like me to memorize. Show me the one family member that I can reach out to. Show me the one book that I should be reading or meditating upon. Show me the one special way this year on how I can be more faithful to You, to be more fruitful for You, and to be more freely Yours. In the Power and Name of Your Son, Jesus we ask. Amen.

conrade

No comments:

Latest Posts

Headlines