Wednesday, January 02, 2013

Midweek Meditation: "Prayer of Invitation"

This prayer is an invitation for the filling of the Holy Spirit. Pray the words slowly, but intentionally. Pray with holy expectation that God will do a wonderful work through you. Written by Jack Hayford, founder pastor of Church on the Way, the prayer does not end with an "Amen," but an invitation for our prayers to be open to the Holy Spirit.



A Prayer of Invitation to the Holy Spirit 
Dear Lord Jesus, I thank You and praise You for Your great love and faithfulness to me. My heart is filled with joy whenever I think of the great gift of salvation You have so freely given to me. And I humbly glorify You, Lord Jesus, for You have forgiven me all my sins and brought me to the Father.

Now I come in obedience to Your call.

I want to receive the fullness of the Holy Spirit. I do not come because I am worthy of myself, but because You have invited me to come. Because You have washed me from my sins, I thank You that You have made the vessel of my life a worthy one to be filled with the Holy Spirit of God.

I want to be overflowed with Your life, Your love and Your power, Lord Jesus. I want to show forth Your grace, Your words, Your goodness, and Your gifts to everyone I can.

And so with simply, childlike faith, I ask You, Lord, to fill me with the Holy Spirit. I open all of myself to You to receive all of Yourself in me.

I love You, Lord, and I lift up my voice in praise to You. I welcome Your might and Your miracles to be manifested in me for Your glory and unto Your praise.



(Jack Hayford, The Secrets of Intercessory Prayer, Bloomington, MN: Chosen Books, 2009, p166)
conrade

conrade

No comments:

Latest Posts

Headlines