Sunday, March 22, 2015

In Remembrance of Lee Kuan Yew (1923-2015)

With gratitude for what you had done for Singapore.

In remembrance of the late Mr Lee Kuan Yew, who passed away Monday, March 23rd, 2015, 3.18am Singapore time, there will be a seven day mourning period for the nation. The picture above showed a flag at half-mast which I feel is a fitting tribute to Mr Lee's passion for the country. After all, he lived, breathed, fought for, and eventually died for the only country he ever loved: Singapore.

Contrary to what many sites I have seen that had shaded their sites in shades of black and white, I prefer to remember Mr Lee with the full bright colours of the Singapore flag and his own photo. This is because his very name is "light and bright" and I feel that a fitting tribute ought to let this light shine on his passion for the country.

As a mark of respect, this week's BookPastor Recommendation and Midweek Meditation will be held over. I wish his family my deepest condolences during this time. Together with my family and many Singaporeans all over the world, I want to say: "Thank you."

conrade

No comments:

Latest Posts

Headlines