AUTHOR: Jim Stovall
PUBLISHER: Colorado Springs, CO: David C. Cook Publishers, 2007, (156 pages).
- Work: He who loves his work never labors.
- Money: Money is nothing more than a tool. It can be a force of good, a force of evil, or simply be idle.
- Friends: It is a wealthy person, indeed, who calculates riches not in gold but in friends.
- Learning: Education is a lifelong journey whose destination expands as you travel.
- Problems: Problems can only be avoided by exercising good judgment. Good judgment can only be gained by experiencing life’s problems
- Family: Some people are born into wonderful families. Others have to find or create them. Being a member of a family is a priceless privilege which costs nothing but love.
- Laughter: Laughter is a good medicine for the soul. Our world is desperately in need of more such medicine. Dreams: Faith is all that dreamers need to see the future.
- Giving: The only way you can truly get more out of life for yourself is to give part of yourself away.
- Gratitude: In those times when we yearn to have more in our lives we should dwell on the things we already have. In doing so, we will often find that our lives are already full to overflowing.
- A Day: Life at its essence boils down to one day at a time. Today is the day!
- Love: Love is a treasure for which we can never pay. The only way to keep it is to give it away.
We all need to be wise with what we have. For those of us who have been working and have accumulated a sizable amount of assets and wealth, one of the biggest concerns is how to go about distributing them. Do we give all of them to our children? How do we decide who gets what? What about grace in giving? How do we give away our wealth wisely? Not many books can offer brilliant advice with simplicity and with such powerful narrative. Though this novel is fictional, the things and virtues talked about in the book is very real. Pick up this book and read away. Then, buy a couple to give away, especially for those of us who know of wealthy people in their last phases of life.