Wednesday, January 06, 2016

Midweek Meditation: The Gospel Prayer (Phase 1 of 4)

Phase 1: God's Love Is Unconditional
Pastor and author J.D. Greear teaches in his book about the Gospel Prayer. Starting this week and for the following three weeks, I will share one phase each, that we may learn to pray them regularly. Here's the first.
  • "In Christ, there is nothing I can do that would make You love me more; nothing I have done that makes You love me less."

    PRAY: In Christ, there is nothing I can do that would make You love me more; nothing I have done that makes you love me less.
     In the gospel, I receive full access to God and all of his blessings as a free, unmerited gift earned by Christ for me.
This prayer reminds us that our starting point is God's love for us that is unconditional and unchanging. Pray in such a way that it is no longer the gifts or the answers that we seek, but the heart of Jesus. Seek the Giver more than the gifts.

c

No comments:

Latest Posts

Headlines