Wednesday, January 27, 2016

Midweek Meditation: The Gospel Prayer (Phase 4 of 4)

Phase 4: Praying for God's glory
Continuing with Pastor and author J.D. Greear's teaching on the Gospel Prayer, this week is Phase 4.
  • "As I pray, I'll measure Your compassion by the cross and Your power by the resurrection."

    PRAY: As I pray, I will measure your compassion by the cross and your power by the resurrection. What will I attempt for God as I view the world through the lens of his compassion (as measured in the cross) and his power to save (as measured by the resurrection)?
This prayer shows us how we are saved in Christ, as Jesus at the cross saved us from our sins. At the resurrection, we dwell in eternal hope that what Jesus had promised, he had accomplished fully and completely.

c

No comments:

Latest Posts

Headlines