- Majoring on the Means: "They value the process of decision more than the outcome of decision."
- Self-Indulgent: "They value their preferences over the needs of the unreached."
- Aging Leadership: "They have an inability to pass leadership to the next generation."
- Loss of Neighbourliness: "They cease, often gradually, to be part of the fabric of their community."
- Program-Centered: "They grow dependent on programs or personalities for growth or stability."
- Finger Pointing: "They tend to blame the community for a lack of response and in time grow resentful of the community for not responding as it once did."
- Failure to Acknowledge: "They anesthetize the pain of death with overabundance of activity and maintaining outdated structure. "
- Property Focused: "Confusion of caring for the “building” as caring for the church."