Saturday, July 28, 2012

Teach me O Lord

As the waters cover the sea.
We live in a noisy world. As the sunset comes, let us welcome the calming of our hearts. Let us still our senses to listen. Let us be in prayer. May the noises of our world keep their distance from us, as we meditate on the Word, contemplate in the Spirit, and gravitate ourselves to the presence of the King of kings, and the Lord of lords. The following poem is helpful for us to settle ourselves, in the weekly sabbatical rhythm of rest.
"Teach me to stop and listen,
Teach me to center down.
Teach me the use of silence,
Teach me where peace is found.

Teach me to hear Your calling,
Teach me to search Your Word.
Teach me to hear in silence,
Things I have never heard.

Teach me to be collected,
Teach me to be in tune,
Teach me to be directed,
Silence will end very soon.

Then when it's time for moving,
Grant it that I might bring,
To every day and moment,
Peace from a silent spring.
" - (Ken Medema, blind Christian musician)
conrade

No comments:

Latest Posts

Headlines