Wednesday, December 26, 2012

Midweek Meditation: "Number Our Days, not People"

This is a prayer that reminds us that numbers do not know us. Only God knows us intimately.

"Father, we live in a world that often identifies us by numbers.
Our social security numbers, area codes, zip codes, credit card codes, cell phone numbers, and other personal identification numbers all take precedence over our names.
But that is not how You know me.
It is not how You identify me.
You have known me by name. You care about every detail in my life.
Before the foundation of the earth, You knew all about me.
To You, I am not a faceless number or a mere cog in the wheel.
I am not just another person in the sea of humanity. I am known and loved."(Kurt Bjorklund, Prayers for Today, Chicago, IL: Moody Press, 2011, p31)

Be known by God, not by your number.

conrade

No comments:

Latest Posts

Headlines