Wednesday, September 05, 2012

Midweek Meditation: Give Me a Pure Heart

This prayer by the late Swedish statesman, Dag Hammarskjöld (1905-1961), is our guide for this week's mid-week meditation. Hammarskjöld was also formerly a secretary-general of the United Nations. His prayer is one of the most beautiful prayers ever shared. I have made bold and blue the parts that seek to see, to hear, to serve, and to abide in God. This is a prayer that acknowledges that we can do nothing, except in Christ.

Prayer of Dag Hammarskjöld (1905-1961) You who are over us, You who are one of us, You who are also within us, May all see you - in me also. May I prepare the way for You, May I thank You for all that shall fall to my lot, May I also not forget the needs of others. Give me a pure heart - that I may see You. A humble heart - that I may hear You, A heart of love - that I may serve You, A heart of faith - that I may abide in You. Amen.


conrade

No comments:

Latest Posts

Headlines