Thursday, July 22, 2010

Joni Eareckson Tada

Joni Eareckson Tada
I heard of Joni Eareckson Tada when I was in my 20s. Due to an unfortunate diving accident back in 1967, Joni lost the use of her hands and became a quadriplegic. She did not lose her will to live. Instead of moaning over the loss of her limbs, she determined to use whatever she has: Her energy and determination to make a difference for people handicapped like her. Thus began a ministry called "Joni and Friends," to reach out and empower disabled people that they too can make a difference in their own lives and the lives of others.

Joni is an impressive character. Though I have never see her personally, her life, writings and publicity has touched me in many ways. This week, I received an invitation to download one chapter of her audio book, "A Place of Healing, from Christian Audio. You may want to take advantage for this limited time offer, until the end of July 2010 here. Listening to this sharing is uplifting and encouraging. You should do it.

There is another piece of good news. Last month, Joni was diagnosed with breast cancer. Just today, Joni blogged about some good news even as she goes through chemotherapy.

I must say, I salute this strong lady, and pray that her faith will grow from strength to strength, and in the process, encourage many more people to do the same. Do pray for her and follow her developments here.

conrade

No comments:

Latest Posts

Headlines