Friday, November 18, 2011

"What Would Jesus Tweet?"

This past week, someone mentioned Charles Sheldon's classic work, "In His Steps." It brings back memories of the What-Would-Jesus-Do (WWJD) movement. That book was published way back before the end of the 19th Century. Man! I wasn't even born yet!

As I ponder about it, I ask myself about what is the modern equivalent of WWJD? Immediately, I think about what will best symbolize social media. Snail mail is dead. Email is ancient. Cell messaging limits only 1-to-1. Probably, Twitter is most visible. I suppose the modern equivalent of WWJD in communications is: "What would Jesus tweet?"

This idea is nothing new. Twitter is the face of quick, short, cheap, and classy communication of choice. Within a limit of 140 characters, here are 16 possible things that Jesus would tweet. There can be more.
  1. "You shall have no other gods before Me."
  2. "I am coming soon. Are you prepared for me?"
  3. "I've missed you."
  4. "Be perfect, for I am perfect."
  5. "I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me."
  6. "Follow Me and I will make you fishers of men."
  7. "Whatever you have done for the least, you have done unto Me."
  8. "Whoever receives this child receives Me."
  9. "If you say You loved Me, why aren't you obeying what I say?"
  10. "I waited and waited and waited. But you never call."
  11. "Love God with all your heart, mind, and will."
  12. "Why didn't you let Me take care of your worries?"
  13. "My peace I give unto you. Yet you refuse. Why?"
  14. "Trust Me."
  15. "My child, I love you."
  16. "Follow Me."
Perhaps, you can be more creative than my list above. While you're at it, let me share this brilliant Youtube clip made by an extremely creative person about the Passover. It is basically a re-telling of the Exodus story. It uses the best of social media like Google, Amazon, Facebook, Skype, Wikipedia, and of course, Twitter. I'm sure some of you can come up with even more creative ideas. 




Have a great weekend.

conrade
p/s: If you want to follow me on Twitter, you can tweet me at http://twitter.com/yapdates.

No comments:

Latest Posts

Headlines